VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) phone services are quickly replacing traditional landlines for homes and businesses. VoIP systems provide low-cost calling through an internet connection. With many VoIP providers to choose from, how do you determine which is the best service for your needs?
In this guide, we’ll compare the top-rated VoIP providers of 2023 based on features, reliability, prices, and ease of use. Read on to see which VoIP company is best for calling, extras, and value.
VoIP.com is a popular business VoIP provider with a wide range of plans and calling features.
- Unlimited domestic and international calling.
- Advanced call management like auto-attendants and call forwarding.
- CRM integrations, video conferencing, toll-free numbers.
- Mobile app to make calls anywhere.
- Top-rated call clarity and reliability.
- Lots of tools tailored for businesses.
- No long-term contracts required.
- Expensive compared to some competitors.
- Geared more towards business rather than homes.
Nextiva is a leading cloud business phone system with affordable pricing.
- HD audio quality phone calls.
- Team chat, web/video meetings, call analytics.
- Integrates with Salesforce, Zendesk, other popular platforms.
- Mobile app and computer softphone available.
- Easy self-setup and management through online portal.
- Scales cost-effectively as your business grows.
- Reliable uptime and call quality.
- Limited hardware phone options compared to other providers.
- Additional fees for features like toll-free numbers or storage space.
Ooma is a budget home and small business VoIP solution praised for low pricing.
- Free basic voice service for low call volumes.
- Voicemail transcription, do not disturb, call blocking.
- WiFi calling capability.
- Mobile app controls.
- Extremely affordable basic plans.
- No contract required, easy to cancel anytime.
- Limited configuration options and features.
- International calling and porting numbers cost extra.
The best VoIP provider ultimately depends on your calling needs. Nextiva offers the top combination of business features and reliable service. Ooma is the most affordable option for low-volume home users. VoIP.com provides advanced call management tools suited for larger businesses. Carefully compare plans, features, and prices to choose the right VoIP phone service.